The meeting was held at Hoss's on Rte 22 East in Murrysville, on September 7, 2016
The meeting was called to order by Paul Thompson. The agenda was reviewed and the minutes from last meeting were approved.
Pittsburgh Folk Festival Report: The SASP tent was a hit because of Kathy Wells and the Pittsburgh Tartan. There were bagpipers from Balmoral Band and several dancers on Saturday and Celtic Spirit on Sunday. They did need to mike the pipers. It was a nice location and they sold out of food on Saturday!
Thistle Journal: Dale will prepare an article about the Officer election and on the PGH pipers and how they did in Scotland. Paul has a couple of articles to submit also.
Ken reported that the PGH Tartan was well received at the Folk festival. He feels that we need to try again to have it protected in PA and registered by the City. The board agreed that it would be a good idea to do this.
SPR Director: Paul has asked Fiona to be our PR Director and she accepted!
Website: Doug reported that Teralyn will be attending a workshop to learn the website construction. Until we move over, we are able to add items to the website. Paul asked the board to take a look at the website and see what we need to keep on and to take off the site.
Business Cards: Rob asked about business cards and Paul passed around a sample. Paul has the template and can get it to whoever wants it. Fiona will add business cards to her job title.
Society Badges Update: There was discussion at the last meeting about badges. Lyn will be able to get back to it after the Ligonier Games. Ken will look into the Trophy shops to see if we can get the badges made locally. Pam brought up the Things Remembered stores that might be able to help.
Irish Festival: Ken and Lyn have the list and we are involved on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. The SASP tent will be pushing the Ligonier Highland Games. Workers will need to sign releases when they come in.
Ligonier Highland Games:
- SASP Tent: Lyn is working on the help schedule for the Games.
- T-shirts: The Hoffman family will sell t-shirts at the bridge until noon, then they will pack them up and bring them to the tent.
Kilted Golf Outing: We should start to have discussion about it around January in order to host an event in the Spring.
St. Andrew’s Society dinner and Annual Meeting: December 10 at Pittsburgh Marriot North. We will stay at the $25 dinner price. The final count will not be needed until 3 days before. Pam will contact Melinda Crawford about performing. Discussion ensued about raffle ideas. Most agreed that it would be nice to raffle whisky and chocolates, rather than have a large amount of items. Ken and Pam will call about whisky donations. Dale will prepare a slate of officers for this meeting. Paul asked that each officer provide a job description.
Correspondence: Paul received a thank you from Kathy, for the FUSTA teachers’ book that we provided.
Paul and Dale received an email from Maurene Unrath about a speaker, suggesting him for the entertainment. Discussion brought up that it would not be a good fit for this speaker at the AGM, but maybe another event for SASP to work on. Fiona suggested that maybe he would be a candidate for Tartan Day workshop. Paul will respond to Maurene and see if she is interested in getting in touch with Bob Mesner.
Next Executive Board Meeting
Copyright 2014 by The St. Andrew's Society of Pittsburgh
Designed by CME Websites